Ventura County News
Tree trimmer falls to his death at Ventura miniature golf course
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was killed after he fell 50 feet while trimming a tree on a miniature golf course in Ventura.
According to Ventura fire Battalion Chief Douglas Miser, the man was trimming a palm tree at Golf N' Stuff Thursday morning when a branch broke off and he fell.
The coroner's office told the Ventura County Star that the man, identified as 62-year-old Nicholas Rojas of Fillmore, died of blunt force trauma at an area hospital four hours after his fall.
According to the hours posted on the facility's website, the park was closed when Rojas fell.
State job safety officials are investigating the death.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
ventura county news
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Rain, winds move into Southern California
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Phil Robertson suspended from 'Duck Dynasty'