Ventura County News
Thieves steal 3rd-row seats at car Simi Valley dealership
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A Simi Valley car dealership is trying to recover from a major theft. Thieves ripped off thousands of dollars worth of third row seats from SUVs on the lot.
Dealership owner Steve Gaines says the theft happened two days ago. He said the third row in each SUV has two connecting seats, costing at least $1,000 a piece.
"Whoever did this obviously knew how to do it, and they did it quick," Gaines said.
Police say this is a growing problem. Because the third row seats in most SUVs come with a simple latch that you can lift to remove, it is an easy target for criminals.
The owner of the Simi Valley Buick dealership said early this year, third row seats were stolen from 16 of his new SUVs. He says he has since bought locks to secure the seats.
Investigators say that is a smart thing to do not only for dealerships, but for people who own the SUVs.
Police have no suspects in the break-in at the dealership. If you can help, call Simi Valley police at (805) 583-6950.
ventura county news, leo stallworth
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Two men arrested in Simi Valley car thefts 4 min ago
- Anaheim fire: House had pack rat conditions
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case 38 min ago
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors
- Unsolved murder mystery revealed in doc
43 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
31 min ago