Ventura County News
Thieves steal 3rd-row seats at car Simi Valley dealership
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A Simi Valley car dealership is trying to recover from a major theft. Thieves ripped off thousands of dollars worth of third row seats from SUVs on the lot.
Dealership owner Steve Gaines says the theft happened two days ago. He said the third row in each SUV has two connecting seats, costing at least $1,000 a piece.
"Whoever did this obviously knew how to do it, and they did it quick," Gaines said.
Police say this is a growing problem. Because the third row seats in most SUVs come with a simple latch that you can lift to remove, it is an easy target for criminals.
The owner of the Simi Valley Buick dealership said early this year, third row seats were stolen from 16 of his new SUVs. He says he has since bought locks to secure the seats.
Investigators say that is a smart thing to do not only for dealerships, but for people who own the SUVs.
Police have no suspects in the break-in at the dealership. If you can help, call Simi Valley police at (805) 583-6950.
ventura county news, leo stallworth
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race 52 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies 42 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video