Ventura County News
Oxnard man charged with abusing 8-month-old daughter
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- A 24-year-old Oxnard man was arrested Saturday and charged with felony child abuse of his 8-month-old daughter.
Joel Soto was taken into custody in the 300 block of West Vineyard after Oxnard police said he took his badly-injured girl to St. John's Regional Medical Center.
Investigators said the child suffered serious injuries to her head, face and leg. Detectives said Soto caused those injuries.
Soto was booked into the Ventura County Jail. His bail was set at $20,000.
arrest, child abuse, ventura county news
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- LB mayoral candidate mailer wrongly shows SD
- Benjamin Netanyahu discusses Iran at LA event
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- San Clemente HS lockdown lifted after threat
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss 20 min ago
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease 32 min ago
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter
- Hot yoga: Hazardous for your health?
24 min ago