Ventura County News
Oxnard head-on collision kills 1, injures another
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- One person was killed and another person was injured in a head-on collision in Oxnard Sunday.
The crash occurred on the 3900 block of Saviers Road around 1 a.m.
Police said a red 1991 Honda Civic was traveling northbound on the southbound lanes of Saviers Road from Bard Road. That's when the vehicle hit a blue 2006 BMW 325i, driven by Antonio Martinez Maya, 29, of Oxnard.
The two vehicles collided head on and the driver of the Honda died at the scene. He was the lone occupant in the Honda. His identity has been withheld pending notification of kin.
It remains unclear why the victim was traveling on the wrong side of the road way or if alcohol may have been a factor.
Maya was transported to a local hospital with minor injuries and is expected to be OK.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information regarding this traffic collision was urged to contact Senior Officer Jamie Brown at (805) 385-7749.
car crash, ventura county news
- Jameis Winston won't be charged in rape case 3 min ago
- Fast food workers protest, want $15 an hour
- US teacher killed in Benghazi: officials 53 min ago
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- 2 deputies OK after crash on West 105 Freeway
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- Bratton picked as NYPD commissioner again
- Idaho school bus crash: 1 child killed, 4 hurt 51 min ago
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- Manhattan Toy Quixel baby rattles recalled
- Banksy 'Flower Girl' could fetch up to $300K 34 min ago
- OTRC: 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' official trailer