Ventura County News
Oxnard head-on collision kills 1, injures another
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- One person was killed and another person was injured in a head-on collision in Oxnard Sunday.
The crash occurred on the 3900 block of Saviers Road around 1 a.m.
Police said a red 1991 Honda Civic was traveling northbound on the southbound lanes of Saviers Road from Bard Road. That's when the vehicle hit a blue 2006 BMW 325i, driven by Antonio Martinez Maya, 29, of Oxnard.
The two vehicles collided head on and the driver of the Honda died at the scene. He was the lone occupant in the Honda. His identity has been withheld pending notification of kin.
It remains unclear why the victim was traveling on the wrong side of the road way or if alcohol may have been a factor.
Maya was transported to a local hospital with minor injuries and is expected to be OK.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information regarding this traffic collision was urged to contact Senior Officer Jamie Brown at (805) 385-7749.
car crash, ventura county news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing 9 min ago
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months
- Supermarket overload: Too many product...
48 min ago