Ventura County News
Man assaulted with hammer in Oxnard - police
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- Police say a man was assaulted with a hammer by another man in Oxnard on Sunday.
According to police, Macario Perearamirez, 60, assaulted Frank Ramos, 51, with a hammer at the Rescue Mission, located in the 200 block of East Sixth Street. It was not clear why the assault occurred.
Police say Ramos then struck Perearamirez once in self-defense. Perearamirez fell and hit his head on the pavement.
When police arrived at the scene, they found Perearamirez unconscious with a head wound. He was taken to St. John's Regional Medical Center where he was treated for his injury.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call Oxnard detectives at (805) 385-7796.
ventura county news
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video