Ventura County News
Man shot in head in Ventura gang fight Sunday
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was hospitalized in grave condition Sunday night after being shot in the head during a fight in Ventura.
Ventura Police received a report of a fight on the 100 block of West Harrison Avenue at 7:45 p.m. Sunday.
Responding officers found an adult male lying on the sidewalk with a gunshot wound to his head. He was transported to Ventura County Medical Center and was listed in grave condition.
Three Hispanic males in their late teens or early 20s, wearing dark clothing were listed as suspects, according to police.
VPD Major Crimes Investigators were notified and responded to assist. Investigators believe the shooting is gang-related and were continuing investigating the incident.
Anyone with information related to the case is urged to call the Ventura Police Department at (805) 339-4441.
shooting, fight, ventura county news
- Charges announced against sheriff's officials 38 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching
- 'Button-down' Bandit' strikes Corona bank 28 min ago
- Pomona gang member arrested for murder
- Man arrested for Ventura transient's murder
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Nelson Mandela memorial to see world leaders
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- Leighton Meester to make Broadway debut
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke