Ventura County News
Ventura County church thief using stolen credit cards
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect targeting churchgoers' purses in Ventura County has been spotted using stolen credit cards at a local store.
Over the past several months, police say the suspect targeted wallets and purses in churches in the Thousand Oaks, Camarillo and Simi Valley areas. Thousand Oaks police say the suspect committed the crimes while parishioners were attending communion and leaving their purses behind.
The suspect's photo was snapped by surveillance cameras at an area target on three occasions, including Feb. 17 and Sept. 29.
The suspect is described as a white male in his early 20s, possibly with blue eyes, about 5 feet 8 inches to 5 feet 10 inches tall with a thin build. He weighs approximately 160 pounds and has light brown hair.
If you have any information about the identity of this suspect or about the church thefts, you're urged to contact Sgt. Jason Robarts with the Thousand Oaks Police Department at (805) 947-8108.
caught on tape, ventura county news
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing 59 min ago
- Ex-assemblyman arrested for domestic violence
- Flasher sought for exposing self at Brea Mall 9 min ago
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time
- Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting 3 min ago
- Malaysia plane search widens toward India
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Elderly couple's dog saved by rescue group
- OTRC: Elizabeth Olsen engaged, report says