Ventura County News
Ventura cellphone robbery suspect arrested
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A robbery suspect who allegedly stole a cellphone from a teenager at a Ventura skate park was caught after being detained in a separate incident.
Ventura police received a 911 call shortly before 7 p.m. Thursday from a victim reporting that his cellphone was stolen from a skate park on 400 Chapel Dr.
Investigators say the suspect approached the teen, 14, and asked if he could use his cellphone. The victim voluntarily gave the suspect his phone, and that's when the suspect made a run for it. The victim chased after the suspect, who turned and pushed the victim. The suspect also made threats to physically harm the victim, so the victim stopped chasing the suspect, who was see running northbound from the area.
Officers searched the surrounding area, but they were unable to locate the suspect. The victim was not injured in the incident.
A couple hours later around 9:40 p.m., officers responded to a call about a fight between two males in front of a Circle K store in the 3500 block of E. Main Street. One of the males detained in the fight, later identified as Spencer Delzeit, matched the description of the cellphone robber. The victim and a witness were able to positively identify Delzeit as the robbery suspect.
Delzeit was arrested for robbery and booked at the Ventura County Jail. The victim's cellphone was not recovered.
arrest, ventura county news
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnapping 9 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested 17 min ago
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect 54 min ago
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- S.Korean ferry: Vice principal commits suicide
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet 17 min ago
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Covered California enrolls nearly 1.4M people
45 min ago