Ventura County News
Ventura attempted burglary suspect sought
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are looking for a man who they say tried to rob another man after asking him for a cigarette in Ventura.
The incident happened Saturday at Mission Park, located in the 200 block of East Main Street, around 11:30 p.m. The victim told police he was approached by the suspect, who asked him for a cigarette. When the victim reached into his pocket for his cigarettes, he also accidentally pulled out a wad of money.
The suspect told the victim to give him the cash, but the victim refused. That's when the victim says the suspect pulled out a small pocket knife and attacked him with it. The victim was able to fight off the attacker, but sustained cuts to his hands.
The victim's family took him to Community Memorial Hospital where he was treated for his injuries.
The suspect was last seen fleeing southbound through the park towards Santa Clara Street. He is described as a white male between 16-and 20-years-old.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to call the Ventura County Police Department at (805) 339-4441.
ventura county news
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Secret Service probing Target security breach
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds