Ventura County News
18-year-old driver killed, 2 injured in Fillmore crash
FILLMORE, Calif. (KABC) -- An 18-year-old driver was killed and two other people were injured in a crash in Fillmore.
The accident happened around 10:05 p.m. Saturday at the intersection of Ventura Street and Santa Clara Avenue. Police say a blue 1998 Honda Civic was heading south on Santa Clara Avenue and entered onto Ventura Street directly into the path of a silver 2005 Chevrolet Malibu.
The front of the Malibu collided broadside with the driver's side door of the Civic, causing major damage to both cars. The Malibu came to rest in the opposite direction of the road, and the Civic was stopped by a chain link fence.
The 18-year-old driver of the Civic was pronounced dead at the scene. His name has not yet been released. The driver of the Malibu, identified as Gracie Wall of Fresno, and a adult male passenger sustained minor neck and back pain injuries. They declined to be taken by ambulance to the hospital.
The preliminary investigation did not suggest that alcohol was a factor in the accident.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to call the Fillmore Police Department at (805) 524-2233.
accident, ventura county news
- Report of gun in LA Times bldg: suspect detained
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Cute bear cub left alone at animal rescue
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film 35 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in...
59 min ago