Ventura County News
18-year-old driver killed, 2 injured in Fillmore crash
FILLMORE, Calif. (KABC) -- An 18-year-old driver was killed and two other people were injured in a crash in Fillmore.
The accident happened around 10:05 p.m. Saturday at the intersection of Ventura Street and Santa Clara Avenue. Police say a blue 1998 Honda Civic was heading south on Santa Clara Avenue and entered onto Ventura Street directly into the path of a silver 2005 Chevrolet Malibu.
The front of the Malibu collided broadside with the driver's side door of the Civic, causing major damage to both cars. The Malibu came to rest in the opposite direction of the road, and the Civic was stopped by a chain link fence.
The 18-year-old driver of the Civic was pronounced dead at the scene. His name has not yet been released. The driver of the Malibu, identified as Gracie Wall of Fresno, and a adult male passenger sustained minor neck and back pain injuries. They declined to be taken by ambulance to the hospital.
The preliminary investigation did not suggest that alcohol was a factor in the accident.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to call the Fillmore Police Department at (805) 524-2233.
accident, ventura county news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing 19 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months