Ventura County News
Oxnard shooting suspects connected to gang
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- A search is underway for suspects who shot and injured a teen in an Oxnard neighborhood. Officials believe the shooters are in a gang.
At about 11 p.m. Tuesday, police officers received a call of shots fired in the South Winds neighborhood. Responding officers found a 16-year-old victim injured from a single bullet wound in the 200 block of Campbell Way. The teen was transported to an area hospital with a non life-threatening injury.
According to investigators, two cars drove into the area and fired at the victim while yelling their gang name. The victim tried to flee but was struck by gunfire.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact the Oxnard Police Department at (805) 385-7740. You can also call the Violent Crimes Hotline at (805) 982-7070 or Ventura County Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477.
shooting, gang activity, ventura county news
- Nurse stabbed at Sylmar hospital; 1 arrested
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role