Ventura County News
Oxnard shooting suspects connected to gang
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- A search is underway for suspects who shot and injured a teen in an Oxnard neighborhood. Officials believe the shooters are in a gang.
At about 11 p.m. Tuesday, police officers received a call of shots fired in the South Winds neighborhood. Responding officers found a 16-year-old victim injured from a single bullet wound in the 200 block of Campbell Way. The teen was transported to an area hospital with a non life-threatening injury.
According to investigators, two cars drove into the area and fired at the victim while yelling their gang name. The victim tried to flee but was struck by gunfire.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact the Oxnard Police Department at (805) 385-7740. You can also call the Violent Crimes Hotline at (805) 982-7070 or Ventura County Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477.
shooting, gang activity, ventura county news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic violence murder suspect at large 1 min ago
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked 36 min ago
- Oscar Isaac can relate to 'Llewyn Davis'
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate