Ventura County News
Simi Valley Walgreens pharmacy robbed by Halloween-mask-wearing suspect
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A man walked into a Simi Valley Walgreens, put on a Halloween mask and robbed a pharmacist for drugs last week.
Simi Valley Police said a suspect entered a Walgreens store at 2417 Cochran Street at about 5:27 p.m. Saturday. The man walked around the store for a period of time, then put on a Halloween mask.
With the mask on, the suspect jumped over the pharmacy counter and demanded the pharmacist give him oxycodone pills.
Fearing for his safety, the pharmacist gave the suspect several prescription pill bottles of the drug. The suspect then fled.
No weapon was used. No one was injured.
The suspect was described as a white or Hispanic man in his mid to late 20s, standing about 5 feet 10 inches tall with a medium build, with short dark hair. He appeared to be unshaven. He was last seen wearing a brown flannel long-sleeve shirt, jeans and a dark baseball cap worn backward.
The Simi Valley Police Department is asking for the communities help in identifying the suspect responsible for this crime. Anyone who knows or thinks they can identify this suspect is asked to contact Simi Valley Police Detective Dave DelMarto at (805) 583-6218. Anyone wishing to remain anonymous can provide their information through Ventura County Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS (8477) or text "BUSTED" plus your message to CRIMES (274637).
robbery, caught on tape, ventura county news
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- 4 stabbed in parking lot after Broncos game
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son