Ventura County News
Man with gunshot wound found riding bike in Ventura
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Police located a gunshot victim riding a bicycle on Ventura Avenue Wednesday night. The shooting suspect remained at large Thursday.
Ventura Police received a report of a shooting victim on the 300 block of West Mission Avenue at 11:26 p.m. Wednesday. Additional calls said the victim rode away on a bicycle.
Officers found the victim, a 34-year-old Hispanic man who lives in Ventura, on the 600 block of North Ventura Avenue. The man had a gunshot wound to his torso. He was hospitalized at Ventura County Medical Center.
Police said the shooting occurred on W. Mission Ave. when a male suspect about 18-25 years old wearing dark clothing approached the victim and began a verbal argument. The suspect shot the victim and fled on foot.
Officers searched the area but the suspect was not found.
The victim was listed in stable condition at the hospital.
Anyone with information related to this crime is urged to call the Ventura Police Department at 339-4441, or make an anonymous call to Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477. If your information leads to an arrest, you could receive a cash reward of up to $1,000.
shooting, ventura county news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
44 min ago