Ventura County News
Man with gunshot wound found riding bike in Ventura
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Police located a gunshot victim riding a bicycle on Ventura Avenue Wednesday night. The shooting suspect remained at large Thursday.
Ventura Police received a report of a shooting victim on the 300 block of West Mission Avenue at 11:26 p.m. Wednesday. Additional calls said the victim rode away on a bicycle.
Officers found the victim, a 34-year-old Hispanic man who lives in Ventura, on the 600 block of North Ventura Avenue. The man had a gunshot wound to his torso. He was hospitalized at Ventura County Medical Center.
Police said the shooting occurred on W. Mission Ave. when a male suspect about 18-25 years old wearing dark clothing approached the victim and began a verbal argument. The suspect shot the victim and fled on foot.
Officers searched the area but the suspect was not found.
The victim was listed in stable condition at the hospital.
Anyone with information related to this crime is urged to call the Ventura Police Department at 339-4441, or make an anonymous call to Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477. If your information leads to an arrest, you could receive a cash reward of up to $1,000.
shooting, ventura county news
- Malaysian: Investigators conclude flight hijacked 5 min ago
- Westbound 134 Fwy closed due to police activity 14 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Brush fire burning near Gorman by Quail Lake
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
15 min ago
- Callie's Cause: Paddle, run to fight epilepsy
36 min ago