Ventura County News
2 arrested breaking into condominium complex laundry room
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Two Ventura men were arrested on suspicion of breaking into a condominium laundry room Thursday night.
Ventura Police received a report of two men breaking into the laundry room at a condo complex on the 1100 block of Chalmette Avenue at 10:14 p.m.
Ventura patrol officers and a K-9 officer responded to the location and found two suspects near the laundry room. One of the suspects was holding a small handgun, police said. He immediately discarded the weapon and was detained.
The second man was in possession of burglary tools, police said, and was also taken into custody.
The officers determined the suspects used a tool to break into the locked laundry room in an attempt to access the coin-operated machines within, police said.
Both suspects were found to be on felony probation for narcotic related offenses, according to the police.
Evidence recovered at the scene as well as from a search of one suspect's residence indicated he is affiliated with a local Ventura street gang.
Ricardo Amaya, 23, was transported to the Ventura County Main Jail and booked on for burglary, conspiracy, felon in possession of firearm and street terrorism.
Juan Soto, 31, was transported to the Ventura County Main Jail and booked for burglary, conspiracy and possession of burglary tools.
arrest, burglary, ventura county news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 1 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries 40 min ago
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught 15 min ago
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- Jenny McCarthy engaged to Donnie Wahlberg
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break
- Recycling used water in Orange County
37 min ago