Ventura County News
Ventura teenage boy victim of strong-arm robbery
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 17-year-old Ventura boy was robbed early Sunday morning, and now authorities are trying to find the suspects.
Ventura police received a 911 call around 12:40 a.m. regarding a strong-arm robbery that had just occurred in the 1300 block of Saratoga Avenue. Officers arrived at that location and contacted the victim.
According to police, the teenager was standing on the sidewalk when a vehicle stopped next to him. The teen said two suspects got out of the passenger side, assaulted him and took some of his property.
Both suspects got back into the vehicle, which was being driven by a third suspect. The vehicle then fled the scene. Officers searched the area, but they didn't locate the suspects.
The victim suffered minor injuries during the robbery but didn't require medical treatment.
Anyone with information about this case was asked to contact the Ventura Police Department at (805) 339-4441.
robbery, ventura county news
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour