Ventura County News
Ventura teenage boy victim of strong-arm robbery
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 17-year-old Ventura boy was robbed early Sunday morning, and now authorities are trying to find the suspects.
Ventura police received a 911 call around 12:40 a.m. regarding a strong-arm robbery that had just occurred in the 1300 block of Saratoga Avenue. Officers arrived at that location and contacted the victim.
According to police, the teenager was standing on the sidewalk when a vehicle stopped next to him. The teen said two suspects got out of the passenger side, assaulted him and took some of his property.
Both suspects got back into the vehicle, which was being driven by a third suspect. The vehicle then fled the scene. Officers searched the area, but they didn't locate the suspects.
The victim suffered minor injuries during the robbery but didn't require medical treatment.
Anyone with information about this case was asked to contact the Ventura Police Department at (805) 339-4441.
robbery, ventura county news
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected 1 min ago
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds