Ventura County News
Simi Valley man arrested for selling methamphetamine
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A Simi Valley man was arrested for selling methamphetamine and child endangerment Friday following an investigation by narcotics law enforcement.
Investigators with the Ventura County Sheriff's Office and Simi Valley Police Department detained 45-year-old Sacramento Huerta at a shopping center near the intersection of Los Angeles Avenue and Sinaloa Road.
Huerta was found in possession of several bindles of methamphetamine that were packaged for sale.
A search at the suspect's residence on the 900 block of Pacific Avenue also located an additional amount of methamphetamine and evidence that Huerta was actively involved in the sales of the drug.
In addition to possession for sales of a controlled substance, Huerta was booked for child endangerment after his 13-year-old daughter was found to be living with him.
Ventura County Child Protective Services Agency has since launched an investigation. The minor was left in the custody of an adult family member.
Huerta was booked into the Ventura County Sheriff's East County Jail in lieu of $50,000 bail.
arrest, ventura county news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 2 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Calif. bill would ban orcas in SeaWorld shows
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea 16 min ago
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will 41 min ago
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere
- 'Ransomware' holds encrypted data for money
49 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
24 min ago