Ventura County News
Simi Valley man arrested in restaurant attack
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A battery victim was rushed to a hospital after police say he was punched in the face outside of a Simi Valley restaurant.
Simi Valley police officers were responding to a loud music complaint at approximately 10 p.m. Sunday at The Chop Shop Bar & Grill in the 4000 block of Valley Fair Street when they found an unconscious man lying on the ground.
Investigators discovered the victim was suffering from a serious head injury from being punched in the face and falling to the ground, where he struck his head on the pavement.
The victim was taken to Los Robles Hospital for treatment.
Authorities later arrested Gregory Monsour, 36, of Simi Valley for the attack. Investigators found out that Monsour and the victim knew each other, but what led up to the attack remains unknown.
The victim's identity and condition were not immediately released.
arrest, ventura county news
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Green cars for rent at niche LA-based company 43 min ago
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report