Ventura County News
Oxnard shooting kills 25-year-old father-to-be
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- In Oxnard, the search for two suspects in the murder of a young man whose girlfriend is pregnant with their first child.
Officers responded to the area near East Colonia Road and North McKinley Avenue around 7:30 p.m. and found the victim suffering from gunshot wounds. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
No arrests have been made. The motive of the shooting remains unknown.
Family and friends identify the murder victim as 25-year-old Ricardo Silva. He's the oldest of nine children.
Silva's girlfriend is expecting their first child. She said they were walking along McKinley near Colonia road around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday when two men approached.
"Don't know what the motive was or anything. They exchanged a couple words, pretty much, angry words, like they got mad at each other, but that was it," said Laura Aldaco.
"Start hearing the arguing, hotter, and 'bang bang,' two gunshots," said neighbor Jessie Rodriguez. "It's sad to see these things happening to these young boys."
Police say Silva is the second person killed in Oxnard this month, and the 11th this year. Last year there were 13 murders in the city.
Police say at least two of the murders this year are gang-related. Police don't believe Silva was in a gang but they think the gunmen could be gang members.
Oxnard Police are hoping witnesses will come forward.
"We really need the community's support with any information that they may have," said Oxnard Police spokesman Miguel Lopez. "At the end of the day somebody knows something. Somebody heard something, and people know the information that will be important for officers and detectives to be able to put this together."
If you have information related to Tuesday night's case, you're urged to call the Oxnard Police Department at (805) 982-7070 and you can remain anonymous.
shooting, homicide investigation, murder, gang activity, ventura county news, sid garcia
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic 14 min ago
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies
- Suspicious bag found on the tarmac at LAX
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house 6 min ago
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Two men arrested in Simi Valley car thefts
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors