Ventura County News
Oxnard shooting leaves 21-yr-old man injured
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was injured following a shooting in Oxnard Thursday.
Police responded to the intersection of Colonia Road and McKinley Avenue around 6:30 p.m. following reports of shots fired. Officers arrived on scene but did not locate a shooting victim.
Approximately 15 minutes later, 21-year-old Ivan Moreno arrived at Saint John's Hospital, suffering from a gunshot wound.
Moreno was immediately transported by ambulance to the Ventura County Medical Center. He is said to be listed in "guarded" condition.
The motive for the shooting remains unknown.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information regarding the incident was urged to contact Oxnard police at (805) 385-7665.
shooting, ventura county news
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case 1 min ago
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Norwood pleads not guilty to weapons charge
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting 53 min ago
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
42 min ago