Ventura County News
Ventura police find stolen vehicle, surfboards; suspect arrested
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 40-year-old suspect is behind bars after Ventura police recovered a vehicle and a couple of surfboards that were reported stolen.
The officer spotted the vehicle in the parking lot of the Ocean View Motel on the 1600 block of East Thompson Boulevard in Ventura Sunday afternoon. Police said the suspect, identified as Kasha Tepezano of Ventura, got into the vehicle and drove away.
With the help of other officers, the suspect was pulled over at MacMillan Avenue and Santa Ynez Street and arrested. Police said Tepezano was booked into the Ventura County Jail for driving a stolen vehicle.
Authorities said they conducted a probation search of Tepezano's motel room and found three stolen surfboards and other property that was possibly stolen. The surfboards were returned to the owner.
The investigation into this incident is ongoing. Anyone with information was asked to call the Ventura Police Department at (805) 339-4441.
arrest, ventura county news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy near Torrance 59 min ago
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store 9 min ago
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Ohio couple married 70 yrs die 15 hours apart
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week 28 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour