Ventura County News
Ventura transient's death ruled as homicide; arrest made
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 29-year-old man is facing homicide charges after beating a 49-year-old transient to death in Ventura.
Police responded to the 1700 block of South Victoria Avenue regarding a possible battery victim around 9 a.m. Sunday. The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim's death was initially ruled suspicious, but the Ventura County Coroner's Office later determined the man died of blunt force trauma.
After further investigation, Brent Nash was identified as the suspect and arrested and booked into the Ventura County Jail on suspicion of homicide Sunday evening.
What led to the incident remains unclear.
ventura county news
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Burbank stabbing leaves 2 in serious condition
- High-speed chase leads to arrests, 5 injuries
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report