Ventura County News
Ventura transient's death ruled as homicide; arrest made
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 29-year-old man is facing homicide charges after beating a 49-year-old transient to death in Ventura.
Police responded to the 1700 block of South Victoria Avenue regarding a possible battery victim around 9 a.m. Sunday. The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim's death was initially ruled suspicious, but the Ventura County Coroner's Office later determined the man died of blunt force trauma.
After further investigation, Brent Nash was identified as the suspect and arrested and booked into the Ventura County Jail on suspicion of homicide Sunday evening.
What led to the incident remains unclear.
ventura county news
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments