Ventura County News
Taco Bell robbery suspect caught on camera in Thousand Oaks
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are searching for suspects involved in two restaurant robberies in Thousand Oaks.
A suspect entered a Taco Bell restaurant on E. Avenida De Los Arboles at about 3:50 p.m. on December 3. The suspect ordered food, threatened the clerk with a hammer when the cash drawer was opened, and left the store with an undisclosed amount of cash. He fled in a maroon Jeep Cherokee with two other people inside, according to Thousand Oaks police. The Cherokee was last seen driving south on Erbes Road.
At about 4 p.m. on Monday, the Taco Bell located on North Moorpark Road was robbed by two suspects, one of whom is believed to be the suspect in the first robbery. That man ordered a drink, and the second suspect brandished a knife, and the two left with an undisclosed amount of cash. They were last seen on foot in an alley behind the shopping center.
Anyone with information about either of these robberies is asked to contact Detective Todd Welty at (805) 494-8224 or Ventura County Crime Stoppers. Ventura County Crime Stoppers will pay up to $1,000 reward for information, which leads to the arrest and criminal complaint against the person(s) responsible for this crime. The caller may remain anonymous. The call is not recorded. Call Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS (8477).
robbery, caught on tape, ventura county news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Norwalk homicide investigation underway
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 55 min ago
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians