Ventura County News
Oxnard armed robbery police chase ends in crash
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- Three men suspected of armed robbery led Oxnard police on a brief pursuit before crashing into a tree Saturday.
Police responded to the area of Sixth Street and E Street following a robbery around 8:44 p.m. Two 16-year-old victims told police that they had just been robbed by two suspects who fled in a vehicle.
The described vehicle was located in the area by an officer, who then attempted to stop it. The driver failed to yield, and a brief pursuit ensued.
The chase ended when the car crashed into a tree in the 300 block of South E Street.
The three suspects inside the car attempted to flee the scene, but were shortly apprehended by police.
The driver, identified as 18-year-old Diego Espinosa, suffered minor injuries.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information on this incident was urged to contact Oxnard police at (805) 385-7740.
car crash, arrest, robbery, ventura county news
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video