Ventura County News
Oxnard armed robbery police chase ends in crash
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- Three men suspected of armed robbery led Oxnard police on a brief pursuit before crashing into a tree Saturday.
Police responded to the area of Sixth Street and E Street following a robbery around 8:44 p.m. Two 16-year-old victims told police that they had just been robbed by two suspects who fled in a vehicle.
The described vehicle was located in the area by an officer, who then attempted to stop it. The driver failed to yield, and a brief pursuit ensued.
The chase ended when the car crashed into a tree in the 300 block of South E Street.
The three suspects inside the car attempted to flee the scene, but were shortly apprehended by police.
The driver, identified as 18-year-old Diego Espinosa, suffered minor injuries.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information on this incident was urged to contact Oxnard police at (805) 385-7740.
car crash, arrest, robbery, ventura county news
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption 54 min ago
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case 2 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced 52 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts 6 min ago