Ventura County News
Boat runs aground at Anacapa Island; 3 hurt
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- Three people were injured when a fishing boat ran aground in Anacapa Island off the coast of Port Hueneme Monday.
The boat, known as Sea Biscuit, ran aground at Anacapa Island around 12:26 a.m., and was carrying about two dozen people.
Authorities say those onboard the boat sent a distress signal. That's when Oxnard firefighters jumped on a Coast Guard boat from the Channel Islands Harbor in Oxnard and responded to the scene.
It took crews two hours to tow the boat back to the mainland.
"In the process of pulling the boat away from the rocks, the boat jerked very hard, and some people fell and hit their heads," said Oxnard Battalion Chief Sergio Martinez.
Two people complained of neck and back pain, another suffered a leg injury. All three victims were transported to a local hospital.
Why the fishing boat ran aground remains unknown.
rescue, ventura county news
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed 4 min ago
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD 23 min ago
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
19 min ago