Ventura County News
Ruptured oxygen cylinders feed Ventura industrial fire
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- City of Ventura firefighters knocked down a blaze at an industrial complex on the 100 block of Rocklite Road shortly after 11:40 p.m. Monday.
The Ventura County Fire Communications Center received multiple calls from area residents at 11:39 p.m. Monday reporting loud explosions and large flames coming from the industrial area of west Ventura.
Responding fire crews located the blaze at an industrial complex housing a steel-fabrication business. The exterior of the building was on fire, fed by ruptured oxygen cylinders, according to the Ventura Fire Department.
Crews contained the fire after 16 minutes of firefighting.
No one was injured.
The cause of the fire was not immediately determined.The incident was under investigation.
fire, ventura county news
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants