Ventura County News
28 arrested in Ventura County parole/probation sweep
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Law enforcement officers arrested 28 people in a countywide sweep Saturday.
The Ventura County Sheriff's Office said nearly 60 law enforcement officers conducted probation and parole sweeps in the unincorporated communities of El Rio, Nyeland Acres and Saticoy.
There were 57 pre-determined locations focused on individuals convicted of gang-, drug- or theft-related crimes.
The arrests on new charges included drug influence and possession, illegal weapons, and violations of probation and parole. The suspects were all booked into the Ventura County Jail.
arrest, ventura county news
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case 2 min ago
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- 3 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors