Ventura County News
Toddler struck, killed in school parking lot in Oxnard
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- A 2-year-old boy died Wednesday after being struck by a vehicle in the parking lot of an elementary school in Oxnard.
Authorities responded to Ansgar Larsen Elementary School at 550 Thomas Ave. at 7: 58 a.m. The toddler was rushed to the Ventura County Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
According to the preliminary investigation, a 2004 Mitsubishi Montero was traveling through the parking lot when it struck the toddler, who had wandered away from his mother.
The driver will not be charged, as officers believe the incident was simply a tragic accident. Police say speed, alcohol and drugs were not a factor.
accident, ventura county news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen 18 min ago
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled 14 min ago
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt 10 min ago
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour