Ventura County News
Bearded suspect with red bike shoots man on beach in argument
VENTURA, Calif. -- A Ventura man was wounded by gunfire in an altercation on the beach Thursday and police were searching for the shooting suspect.
Ventura Police responded to a report of a wounded man in the lobby of the Inn On The Beach hotel on the 1100 block of Seward Avenue at 9:10 p.m. Thursday.
Ventura resident Jevin Collins, 21, was found at the entrance to the hotel with a gunshot wound to the leg. He told police he was approached on the beach by a man with a red bicycle. He said he and the man got into a verbal altercation and the suspect produced a small handgun and shot him in the leg and fled northbound on Seaward Avenue.
Officers and a police dog searched the beach and surrounding area but did not locate the suspect. The suspect was described as a white man about 25 to 30 years old, with brown hair and a beard, wearing a flannel shirt and black pants.
The victim was hospitalized; his injury was determined not to be life threatening.
This investigation was ongoing. Anyone with information related to this crime is urged to call the Ventura Police Department at (805) 339-4441, or make an anonymous call to Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477. If your information leads to an arrest, you could receive a cash reward of up to $1,000.
shooting, ventura county news
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Operation Crossover targets liquor thieves
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations 26 min ago
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break