Ventura County News
2 arrested for kicking defenseless man in head at Thousand Oaks liquor store
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- Two men were arrested in Thousand Oaks for assaulting another man at a liquor store early Sunday morning.
Deputies from the Thousand Oaks Police Station responded to an assault and robbery call at 12:19 a.m. at Southwest Liquor and Deli at 359 E. Avenida De Los Arboles on Sunday.
Witnesses told police two men kicked the victim several times in the head as he lay on the ground defenseless. Frankis Rivera, 25, and Rony Rivera-Deleon, 38, both from Thousand Oaks, were arrested at the scene for assault and were charged with attempted murder.
The victim, 30-year-old Thousand Oaks resident Robert Brown Jr., was hospitalized with serious head injuries.
Investigators are seeking further witnesses to the incident. Anyone with information related to the case is asked to contact Detective Albert Ramirez at (805) 384-4738.
Ventura County Crime Stoppers will pay up to $1,000 reward for information, which leads to the arrest and criminal complaint against the person(s) responsible for this crime. The caller may remain anonymous. The call is not recorded. Call Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS (8477).
arrest, ventura county news
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 26 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found 6 min ago
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
36 min ago