Ventura County News
Juveniles hospitalized after attempting to rob bar patron
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- Two juveniles were hospitalized and arrested after attempting to rob an individual at gunpoint in Oxnard on Sunday.
Police officers responded to a report of an attempted robbery at the Guadalajara Café on the 100 block of North Hayes Avenue in Oxnard at about 7:28 p.m.
The victim at the location told officers that two males entered the bar and demanded his wallet at gunpoint. Police said the victim fought back, and several other patrons helped fight off the suspects. The suspects fled the bar on foot southbound on Hayes toward First Street.
Officers responded moments later, police said, to the area of Cooper Road and Bonita Avenue in response to a report of two assault victims.
The two injured individuals, both juveniles, were located and hospitalized. The investigation revealed the juveniles, 15 and 17, were the robbery suspects, and they were arrested.
The victim sustained minor injuries.
Anyone with information regarding this crime is encouraged to contact the Violent Crimes Hotline at (805) 982-7070 or the Ventura County Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477 and www.venturacountycrimestoppers.org/contactus.aspx to submit a tip via text or e-mail.
arrest, robbery, ventura county news
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter