Mothers of Fallen Soldiers Speak Out Against War in Iraq
WASHINGTON, May 14, 2006 (KABC) -- As the violence continues in Iraq, mothers of soldiers who are there spent Mother's Day in Washington.
Supporters of the women's peace movement known as "Code Pink" gathered for a march and demonstration in front of the White House Sunday.
Several celebrities, including actress Susan Sarandon and activist Cindy Sheehan, who lost her son in Iraq, were among the protestors.
Together the women called for an immediate end to the war in Iraq and warned against any military attack on Iran.
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks