Bank robbery attempt foiled by customer
CANTON TOWNSHIP, Michigan (KABC) -- It was an attempted bank robbery that looked like something right out of a movie in Canton Township, Michigan when a man approached a teller and handed her a note, claiming he had a bomb strapped to his body.
The teller hit the silent alarm and began filling a bag with money.
A long-time customer of the bank was inside and happened to be armed because he spent six years in the Lebanese army and decided to take matters into his own hands.
"I told him 'You're not going to rob this bank; you're not going to rob this bank today,'" said Nabil Fawzi.
The man held him at gunpoint until police arrived and is now being praised for his quick thinking.
No one was injured during the incident, and no bomb was found.
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 2 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis