Bank robbery attempt foiled by customer
CANTON TOWNSHIP, Michigan (KABC) -- It was an attempted bank robbery that looked like something right out of a movie in Canton Township, Michigan when a man approached a teller and handed her a note, claiming he had a bomb strapped to his body.
The teller hit the silent alarm and began filling a bag with money.
A long-time customer of the bank was inside and happened to be armed because he spent six years in the Lebanese army and decided to take matters into his own hands.
"I told him 'You're not going to rob this bank; you're not going to rob this bank today,'" said Nabil Fawzi.
The man held him at gunpoint until police arrived and is now being praised for his quick thinking.
No one was injured during the incident, and no bomb was found.
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide 33 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- 'Octomom' pleads not guilty to 4th charge 59 min ago
- East LA coach pleads no contest to molest 6 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed 53 min ago
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker