Bank robbery attempt foiled by customer
CANTON TOWNSHIP, Michigan (KABC) -- It was an attempted bank robbery that looked like something right out of a movie in Canton Township, Michigan when a man approached a teller and handed her a note, claiming he had a bomb strapped to his body.
The teller hit the silent alarm and began filling a bag with money.
A long-time customer of the bank was inside and happened to be armed because he spent six years in the Lebanese army and decided to take matters into his own hands.
"I told him 'You're not going to rob this bank; you're not going to rob this bank today,'" said Nabil Fawzi.
The man held him at gunpoint until police arrived and is now being praised for his quick thinking.
No one was injured during the incident, and no bomb was found.
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Anaheim fire: House had pack rat conditions
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case 31 min ago
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors
- Unsolved murder mystery revealed in doc
36 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
24 min ago