Levi Johnston files to run for Wasila mayor
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (KABC) -- Levi Johnston has made it official. The father of former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin's grandson has filed papers to run for office in his hometown of Wasilla.
His letter of intent does not specify an office, but Johnston's manager says the 20-year-old is interested in a run for mayor or City Council as part of a reality TV show.
Palin got her political start as a council member in Wasilla. Later, she became mayor. Johnston says the show will "send a message to America" about who he really is and what he wants to do with his life.
Johnston and Palin's daughter, Bristol, gained national attention during Palin's vice presidential run in 2008 when news broke that the two teenagers were expecting a baby. Since then, Johnston has posed for Playgirl and has been spotted on the red carpet in Hollywood.
His relationship with Bristol and the rest of the Palins has remained tumultuous since the birth of his son, Tripp. He and Bristol Palin recently broke off a short-lived engagement.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 2 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Calif. bill would ban orcas in SeaWorld shows
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea 16 min ago
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will 41 min ago
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere
- 'Ransomware' holds encrypted data for money
49 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
24 min ago