Levi Johnston files to run for Wasila mayor
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (KABC) -- Levi Johnston has made it official. The father of former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin's grandson has filed papers to run for office in his hometown of Wasilla.
His letter of intent does not specify an office, but Johnston's manager says the 20-year-old is interested in a run for mayor or City Council as part of a reality TV show.
Palin got her political start as a council member in Wasilla. Later, she became mayor. Johnston says the show will "send a message to America" about who he really is and what he wants to do with his life.
Johnston and Palin's daughter, Bristol, gained national attention during Palin's vice presidential run in 2008 when news broke that the two teenagers were expecting a baby. Since then, Johnston has posed for Playgirl and has been spotted on the red carpet in Hollywood.
His relationship with Bristol and the rest of the Palins has remained tumultuous since the birth of his son, Tripp. He and Bristol Palin recently broke off a short-lived engagement.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate