Levi Johnston files to run for Wasila mayor
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (KABC) -- Levi Johnston has made it official. The father of former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin's grandson has filed papers to run for office in his hometown of Wasilla.
His letter of intent does not specify an office, but Johnston's manager says the 20-year-old is interested in a run for mayor or City Council as part of a reality TV show.
Palin got her political start as a council member in Wasilla. Later, she became mayor. Johnston says the show will "send a message to America" about who he really is and what he wants to do with his life.
Johnston and Palin's daughter, Bristol, gained national attention during Palin's vice presidential run in 2008 when news broke that the two teenagers were expecting a baby. Since then, Johnston has posed for Playgirl and has been spotted on the red carpet in Hollywood.
His relationship with Bristol and the rest of the Palins has remained tumultuous since the birth of his son, Tripp. He and Bristol Palin recently broke off a short-lived engagement.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen 10 min ago
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled 6 min ago
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt 2 min ago
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour