Celebrity DJ, 13 others indicted in drug ring
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A celebrity disc jockey and 13 others have been indicted in a cocaine ring where authorities say private jets were used to shuttle drugs from coast to coast.
Among those facing drug trafficking charges is Darrin Ebron, who runs Goodlife American Clothing and once deejayed Eddie Murphy's 2008 wedding in Bora Bora.
Ebron and others smuggled hundreds of pounds of cocaine from Southern California to Baltimore, according to authorities.
Authorities seized nearly 300 kilograms of cocaine and $1.1 million.
Investigators used wiretaps to track the shipments that didn't slow down despite the discovery of nearly 50 kilograms of cocaine aboard a plane during a refueling stop in September.
"It's amazing what greed will do to you," said Assistant U.S. Attorney Rob Villeza. "They knew something was going on, but the next day they were doing it again. They were not prepared to stop."
If convicted, each of the defendants could face up to life in prison.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
drug war, legal, celebrity, national news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe 23 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who pranked NFL coaches arrested by LAPD 50 min ago
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy 36 min ago
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke