Poll: Obama is most admired man in America
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- President Barack Obama is the most admired man in America according to a USA Today-Gallup poll.
This is not new for the president. It's the third year in a row that Obama has received the accolade.
Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton is the most admired woman for the ninth year in a row.
The men's top five list also includes former President George W. Bush, former President Bill Clinton, former South African President Nelson Aandela and Microsoft founder Bill Gates.
Among the most admired women are former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, Oprah Winfrey, first lady Michelle Obama and former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.
The USA Today-Gallup survey, conducted Dec. 10-12, is based on telephone interviews with a random sample of 1,019 adults and has a margin of error of plus or minus 4 percentage points.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
president barack obama, hillary rodham clinton, sarah palin, bill clinton, george w. bush, national news
- Echo Park apartment fire deemed suspicious
- Woman in newlywed murder agrees to plea deal
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion 9 min ago
- Arleta deadly road rage suspect identified
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor 3 min ago
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage
- Wal-Mart ban stemmed from alleged threat
- Holiday shopping tips, ideas to save money
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace'
- OTRC: Lea Michele talks about Cory Monteith (Video)