Elizabeth Edwards leaves husband out of will
HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. (KABC) -- Elizabeth Edwards' will has been released, and there's no mention of her husband, former presidential candidate John Edwards.
Edwards left her entire estate to her children - 28-year-old Catherine, 12-year-old Emma Claire and 10-year-old Jack. The will is dated just six days before she died from breast cancer on Dec. 7.
The document names Catherine as the executor of the will.
The couple separated early last year after 32 years of marriage but never divorced. John Edwards admitted he fathered a child during an affair with a former campaign worker.
Elizabeth Edwards said she worked for two years trying to reinvent her role as a spouse before making the difficult decision to separate from him.
John Edwards and their three children were with her during her final days, but he did not speak at her funeral.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
cancer, famous death, obituary, national news
- EB 210 Fwy lanes closed, Gold Line shut down 24 min ago
- Protesters commemorate Armenian Genocide
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- Obama: Asia-Pacific trade deal not in danger
- Olivia Wilde, Jason Sudeikis welcome baby boy
- OTRC: Beyonce on '100 Most Influential People' cover
- Pet of the Week: Mini Pinscher named Tabasco
34 min ago