First lady: No Facebook for my daughters
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- Michelle Obama said her daughters are not on Facebook and that's the way she likes it.
The first lady said her daughters, 9-year-old Sasha and 12-year-old Malia, have certain restrictions that other kids don't have due to Secret Service issues.
In a TV interview Wednesday, she added that she's "not a big fan of young kids having Facebook."
Even if the girls weren't living in the White House, the first lady said Facebook is "not something they need." Maybe when they get older, she said.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
first lady michelle obama, facebook, national news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks