Obama: Education is best economic policy
BOSTON -- President Barack Obama says the best economic policy is one in which schools turn out graduates with the skills they need to succeed or perhaps create their own version of Microsoft Corp.
Obama was in Boston on Tuesday to discuss education at TechBoston, a school where technology is used in all the classrooms. The school also relies on partnerships with high-tech business partners, including Microsoft.
Obama says TechBoston is an example of the responsibility that parents, teachers, students, public officials, business leaders and everyone has to make sure that students get a good education.
TechBoston was founded with help from a foundation run by Melinda and Bill Gates, Microsoft's billionaire co-founder.
While in Boston, Obama also plans to raise money for House Democrats.
president barack obama, education, economy, national news
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter