South Bay men arrested in Florida rape case
MIAMI (KABC) -- Three South Bay men have been arrested in Florida. They are accused of raping a college student while on spring break.
The suspects have been identified as 22-year-old Paul Thorington of Lomita, 23-year-old Anthony Albano of Rancho Palos Verdes and 23-year-old Ray Joseph Laranjo of Torrance.
The victim met the suspects at a pool party.
She told police that later all three took turns raping her while holding her down on the bed in their room at the Shelborne Hotel in South Beach.
"I tried to close my eyes and I tried fighting them and it wasn't working," she said. "I tried biting them and it wasn't working and they just kept laughing at me."
The suspects are reportedly scheduled to be arraigned later this month.
south bay, arrest, national news
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet 14 min ago
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants