South Bay men arrested in Florida rape case
MIAMI (KABC) -- Three South Bay men have been arrested in Florida. They are accused of raping a college student while on spring break.
The suspects have been identified as 22-year-old Paul Thorington of Lomita, 23-year-old Anthony Albano of Rancho Palos Verdes and 23-year-old Ray Joseph Laranjo of Torrance.
The victim met the suspects at a pool party.
She told police that later all three took turns raping her while holding her down on the bed in their room at the Shelborne Hotel in South Beach.
"I tried to close my eyes and I tried fighting them and it wasn't working," she said. "I tried biting them and it wasn't working and they just kept laughing at me."
The suspects are reportedly scheduled to be arraigned later this month.
south bay, arrest, national news
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys 9 min ago
- Palmdale boy, 8, may have been tortured
- LA gang coordinated from Kansas house: arrest
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent
- 3 arrested for stealing gas from Fontana station 46 min ago
- 5-acre brush fire burns near Castaic school 2 min ago
- Eric Garcetti meets with Mayor Villaraigosa
- Okla. tornado cleanup slowed by thunderstorms
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture 33 min ago
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial 2 min ago
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Charles Ramsey promised free burgers for life
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'