South Bay men arrested in Florida rape case
MIAMI (KABC) -- Three South Bay men have been arrested in Florida. They are accused of raping a college student while on spring break.
The suspects have been identified as 22-year-old Paul Thorington of Lomita, 23-year-old Anthony Albano of Rancho Palos Verdes and 23-year-old Ray Joseph Laranjo of Torrance.
The victim met the suspects at a pool party.
She told police that later all three took turns raping her while holding her down on the bed in their room at the Shelborne Hotel in South Beach.
"I tried to close my eyes and I tried fighting them and it wasn't working," she said. "I tried biting them and it wasn't working and they just kept laughing at me."
The suspects are reportedly scheduled to be arraigned later this month.
south bay, arrest, national news
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut