'Tiger Mother' daughter accepted to Yale, Harvard
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The daughter of a Chinese author who received harsh criticism for her extreme parenting methods has been accepted to two Ivy League schools.
Yale law professor Amy Chua confirmed that her daughter, Sophia, has been accepted to both Yale and Harvard universities.
Chua wrote a controversial memoir called "Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother." In the book, she describes her Chinese parenting methods.
Chua's methods include no television-watching, no grades under "A," and hours of practicing piano and violin.
The methods were criticized by parents for being too strict.
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 38 min ago
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Operation Crossover targets liquor thieves
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted 43 min ago
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler