'Tiger Mother' daughter accepted to Yale, Harvard
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The daughter of a Chinese author who received harsh criticism for her extreme parenting methods has been accepted to two Ivy League schools.
Yale law professor Amy Chua confirmed that her daughter, Sophia, has been accepted to both Yale and Harvard universities.
Chua wrote a controversial memoir called "Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother." In the book, she describes her Chinese parenting methods.
Chua's methods include no television-watching, no grades under "A," and hours of practicing piano and violin.
The methods were criticized by parents for being too strict.
- 2 dead after car plows into crowd near SXSW
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 5
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Mom of wandering boys was supervised by CPS
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- FBI hunting Hawaii for top terror suspect
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons