'Tiger Mother' daughter accepted to Yale, Harvard
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The daughter of a Chinese author who received harsh criticism for her extreme parenting methods has been accepted to two Ivy League schools.
Yale law professor Amy Chua confirmed that her daughter, Sophia, has been accepted to both Yale and Harvard universities.
Chua wrote a controversial memoir called "Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother." In the book, she describes her Chinese parenting methods.
Chua's methods include no television-watching, no grades under "A," and hours of practicing piano and violin.
The methods were criticized by parents for being too strict.
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- LA search-and-rescue on standby for Oklahoma
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- 2013 Legacy, Outback recalled for steering issue
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10
- Election Day: Race for Los Angeles mayor
22 min ago