'Tiger Mother' daughter accepted to Yale, Harvard
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The daughter of a Chinese author who received harsh criticism for her extreme parenting methods has been accepted to two Ivy League schools.
Yale law professor Amy Chua confirmed that her daughter, Sophia, has been accepted to both Yale and Harvard universities.
Chua wrote a controversial memoir called "Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother." In the book, she describes her Chinese parenting methods.
Chua's methods include no television-watching, no grades under "A," and hours of practicing piano and violin.
The methods were criticized by parents for being too strict.
- Covina shooting: Adult, 4-year-old girl hurt
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Suspect injured in El Monte police shooting
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought
- abcnews: Brutal elevator attack shocks Chinese city
- World Cup: US to play Ghana, Portugal, Germany
- McDonald's accidentally gives cash to couple
- Billy Joel to perform at the Hollywood Bowl 32 min ago
- Banksy's 'Flower Girl' auctioned off at $209K
- OTRC: Kelly Clarkson talks baby names (Video)