Toddler served sangria at Florida Olive Garden
LAKELAND, Fla. (KABC) -- A toddler was mistakenly served alcohol at an Olive Garden restaurant in Lakeland, Florida.
Jill Van Heest says her 2-year-old was accidentally given alcohol. Instead of orange juice, Nikolai was given sangria wine.
Van Heest says the restaurant finally figured it out and came and took the drink away. But by then the toddler had already downed most of it.
"He was acting up. He was misbehaving. His eyes were bloodshot," said Van Heest. "How can you be so disorganized that alcoholic beverages could even get into a kid's cup, that you wouldn't know the difference?"
Nikolai was taken to the hospital, but is OK.
The company says it will now mix sangria individually to order, instead of in batches as it had before.
The incident comes after an Applebee's restaurant in Michigan accidentally served a margarita to a toddler.
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies
- Suspicious bag found on the tarmac at LAX 33 min ago
- Two men arrested in Simi Valley car thefts
- Anaheim fire: House had pack rat conditions
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors