Another air traffic controller fired for napping on job
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- Another air traffic controller has been fired for napping on the job, according to the Federal Aviation Administration.
The FAA says a controller at Seattle's Boeing Field was let go on Monday after being caught sleeping on duty on two different occasions.
This comes after two other air traffic controllers were recently fired for sleeping on the job. Since March, five incidents of sleeping on the job have surfaced, along with one of an air controller watching a DVD movie while on the overnight shift and an aborted landing of a plane with first lady Michelle Obama and Jill Biden, wife of the vice president, on board.
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood says safety is his department's highest priority.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
faa, airport news, airport security, national news
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter 2 min ago
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members 42 min ago
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Brokechella festival held in downtown LA
47 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
11 min ago