Another air traffic controller fired for napping on job
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- Another air traffic controller has been fired for napping on the job, according to the Federal Aviation Administration.
The FAA says a controller at Seattle's Boeing Field was let go on Monday after being caught sleeping on duty on two different occasions.
This comes after two other air traffic controllers were recently fired for sleeping on the job. Since March, five incidents of sleeping on the job have surfaced, along with one of an air controller watching a DVD movie while on the overnight shift and an aborted landing of a plane with first lady Michelle Obama and Jill Biden, wife of the vice president, on board.
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood says safety is his department's highest priority.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
faa, airport news, airport security, national news
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut