Report: Panetta to Pentagon, Petraeus to CIA
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- President Barack Obama will nominate Leon Panetta as Secretary of Defense, sources tell ABC News.
Panetta is currently the head of the CIA. He would succeed Robert Gates, who has said he plans to step down this year.
The president is expected to nominate Gen. David Petraeus to fill Panetta's post as CIA director. Patraeus is now running the war in Afghanistan.
The changes will likely take place this summer.
president barack obama, department of defense, national news
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet 45 min ago
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 21 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants