Man claims he spotted 'Whitey' Bulger years ago
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A tipster says the FBI could have nabbed mob boss James "Whitey" Bulger in Santa Monica three years ago, but they ignored him.
The tipster was in Los Angeles on vacation when he believed he spotted Bulger and called in to the "America's Most Wanted" television show.
The TV show passed along the information to the FBI. But it wasn't until last month that agents found Bulger living in a Santa Monica apartment and arrested him.
The tipster says he should get some of the $2 million in reward money.
santa monica, arrest, national news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 5 min ago
- Nurse stabbed at Sylmar hospital; 1 arrested
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash 26 min ago
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role