No felony charge filed for groping TSA officer
PHOENIX (KABC) -- A Colorado woman accused of groping a TSA agent in Arizona will not face felony charges.
Yukari Miyamae, 61, was arrested at Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix after she grabbed a TSA officer's breast with both hands, according to police.
Miyamae was arrested on suspicion of sexual abuse and released Friday on her own recognizance.
Jerry Cobb, a spokesman for the Maricopa County attorney's office, said county prosecutors concluded the facts of the case don't rise to the level of a felony.
The case against Miyamae now goes to Phoenix's city prosecutor's office, which handles all misdemeanors in the city. That office said it hasn't received the case and hasn't decided whether to charge Miyamae.
The woman has become a hero of sorts for many frustrated travelers who are fed up with Transportation Security Administration procedures. There's even a Facebook page in her honor.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
tsa, arrest, national news
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash 29 min ago
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s 29 min ago
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present
- Two smart watch models put to the test
9 min ago