1 killed in Texas after 2 planes collide in midair
WALKER COUNTY, Texas (KABC) -- One person was killed after two airplanes collided in midair in Walker County just outside of Houston, Texas.
Witnesses said they spotted several small planes making formations in the air. Then, they said one plane went beneath another one and they collided.
That sparked a fire in the air and both planes went down.
One of the planes crashed, killing the pilot.
The other landed safely and the pilot escaped with burns on his arms.
The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating the crash.
airplane, faa, national news
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Cold front moving across Southern California
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- 'Top Gun' woman tapped for Pentagon no. 2 job
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film