Sick polygamist leader Warren Jeffs moved to Texas prison hospital
HOUSTON (KABC) -- Polygamist sect leader Warren Jeffs is sedated but responsive Tuesday morning, after fasting for days in prison.
The 55-year old was in a medically induced coma on Monday and remains in critical, but stable condition.
Jeffs was admitted to a Texas prison hospital after failing to eat or drink enough since receiving a life sentence earlier this month.
A spokeswoman for the Texas Department of Criminal Justice says Jeffs is expected to fully recover.
He was convicted of sexually assaulting underage girls whom he took as so-called spiritual brides.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
sex tape, sexual assault, national news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95 1 min ago
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk 56 min ago
- Jameis Winston won't be charged in rape case
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- UCSB meningitis: Fund for amputee student 6 min ago
- Idaho school bus crash: 1 child killed, 4 hurt
- US teacher killed in Benghazi: officials
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- Identical triplets born to Sacramento couple
- Bynes leaves inpatient treatment, says lawyer
- Banksy 'Flower Girl' could fetch up to $300K
- OTRC: 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' official trailer