Sick polygamist leader Warren Jeffs moved to Texas prison hospital
HOUSTON (KABC) -- Polygamist sect leader Warren Jeffs is sedated but responsive Tuesday morning, after fasting for days in prison.
The 55-year old was in a medically induced coma on Monday and remains in critical, but stable condition.
Jeffs was admitted to a Texas prison hospital after failing to eat or drink enough since receiving a life sentence earlier this month.
A spokeswoman for the Texas Department of Criminal Justice says Jeffs is expected to fully recover.
He was convicted of sexually assaulting underage girls whom he took as so-called spiritual brides.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
sex tape, sexual assault, national news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks