Prince Harry to be deployed to Ariz., Calif.
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Prince Harry is deploying to the desert this week, but not in Afghanistan. He'll be training in Arizona, then in California.
The prince, who's known as "Captain Wales" in the army, will be performing Apache helicopter exercises. He'll also get a chance to fire a live missile for the first time.
Prince Harry is expected to spend about two months in Arizona before heading to California. He'll eventually join an Apache unit back home in Britain.
- 4.4-magnitude earthquake strikes LA area 17 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified 29 min ago
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- SEALS take oil tanker from Libyan rebels 5 min ago
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians