Michelle Obama writes book 'American Grown'
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- She's the first lady, a wife and a mother. Now Michelle Obama is also an author.
Her book, "American Grown: How the White House Kitchen Garden Inspires Families, Schools and Communities," will be released in April, Crown Publishers announced.
The book explores how improving access to healthy, affordable food can influence eating habits and improve public health.
In the book, the first lady talks about how her daughters were the inspiration behind the garden she planted at the White House.
The first lady has become an advocate for healthier eating and exercise, and she is leading a nationwide campaign to reduce childhood obesity in the U.S.
All proceeds from the book will be donated to a charity to be revealed later.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
first lady michelle obama, national news
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees