Michelle Obama writes book 'American Grown'
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- She's the first lady, a wife and a mother. Now Michelle Obama is also an author.
Her book, "American Grown: How the White House Kitchen Garden Inspires Families, Schools and Communities," will be released in April, Crown Publishers announced.
The book explores how improving access to healthy, affordable food can influence eating habits and improve public health.
In the book, the first lady talks about how her daughters were the inspiration behind the garden she planted at the White House.
The first lady has become an advocate for healthier eating and exercise, and she is leading a nationwide campaign to reduce childhood obesity in the U.S.
All proceeds from the book will be donated to a charity to be revealed later.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
first lady michelle obama, national news
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino 29 min ago
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles 56 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County 18 min ago
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 22 min ago
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested 24 min ago
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
58 min ago