Michelle Obama writes book 'American Grown'
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- She's the first lady, a wife and a mother. Now Michelle Obama is also an author.
Her book, "American Grown: How the White House Kitchen Garden Inspires Families, Schools and Communities," will be released in April, Crown Publishers announced.
The book explores how improving access to healthy, affordable food can influence eating habits and improve public health.
In the book, the first lady talks about how her daughters were the inspiration behind the garden she planted at the White House.
The first lady has become an advocate for healthier eating and exercise, and she is leading a nationwide campaign to reduce childhood obesity in the U.S.
All proceeds from the book will be donated to a charity to be revealed later.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
first lady michelle obama, national news
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Burbank stabbing leaves 2 in serious condition
- High-speed chase leads to arrests, 5 injuries
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report