Police officer saves woman and baby from oncoming train
NEW HAVEN, Mo. (KABC) -- A police officer in New Haven, Mo., saved a woman and her 1-month-old daughter from near certain death.
The mother's car tires somehow got stuck between train tracks.
The officer rushed to get the mother and baby out of the car and to safety.
Moments later, the freight train smashed into the vehicle.
Police say the mother later failed a sobriety test. Her name is being withheld pending formal charges.
rescue, amazing video, national news
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged elder abuse 12 min ago
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up
- West Hills murder suspect to appear in court
- Metro Red, Purple lines now requires TAP card
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly killed woman 7 min ago
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Inland Empire
- Woman sought in Santa Ana Chase Bank robbery
- Journalist Michael Hastings dies in LA crash
- Fed says it will maintain bond purchase pace
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony
- James Franco seeks $500K to bankroll movies
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)