Police officer saves woman and baby from oncoming train
NEW HAVEN, Mo. (KABC) -- A police officer in New Haven, Mo., saved a woman and her 1-month-old daughter from near certain death.
The mother's car tires somehow got stuck between train tracks.
The officer rushed to get the mother and baby out of the car and to safety.
Moments later, the freight train smashed into the vehicle.
Police say the mother later failed a sobriety test. Her name is being withheld pending formal charges.
rescue, amazing video, national news
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants