Police officer saves woman and baby from oncoming train
NEW HAVEN, Mo. (KABC) -- A police officer in New Haven, Mo., saved a woman and her 1-month-old daughter from near certain death.
The mother's car tires somehow got stuck between train tracks.
The officer rushed to get the mother and baby out of the car and to safety.
Moments later, the freight train smashed into the vehicle.
Police say the mother later failed a sobriety test. Her name is being withheld pending formal charges.
rescue, amazing video, national news
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic 55 min ago
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder 42 min ago
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house 47 min ago
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies
- Suspicious bag found on the tarmac at LAX
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors